Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cupcakes for the Homeless, reflection

After feeding cupcakes to the homeless people downtown, it really changed my perspective on how amazingly lucky and blessed I am in this world, and how people really dont have it as easy.

Some things I learned:

~Seattle has about a half-million population and about nine thousand are homeless. Thats nine thousand too many
~They dont usually chose to be homeless
~Theyre NOT BAD PEOPLE!
~Not all of them are crazy
~One small gesture can change their life, motivate them and get their life back on track
~They need socks
~They love cupcakes
~Education is the best way to not be homeless
~The best way to end homelessness is educating society on homelessness

One homeless man had
 nothing better to do, so he walked
around with us and started telling us about himself. It was actually really enjoyable!
We asked him what it was like to be homeless,
like what is a basic day for him.

He said, "All I'm really looking for is Love."

Isn't that amazing?!
 He didnt give up, hes not pathetic or crazy, all he wants is love <3

I have resolved to do more things like this.

I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment